The Thoracic Denneroll
The DENNEROLL is a Thoracic orthotic device developed by Chiropractors. Its unique design provides a gentle but effective stretch that assists in the correction of abnormal Thoracic Kyphosis (Figures 6-8 below).
When properly used, the DENNEROLL can assist in relief of pain, muscle tension, and improved postural appearance. Enhanced patient comfort and improved health are the goals.
The thoracic spine, as viewed from the side, should have a natural ‘oval or egg shell’-shaped curve with slightly more curvature in the mid and upper region. Lifting injuries, falls, poor posture, and poor ergonomics all contribute to abnormal Thoracic Kyphosis.
Abnormal Thoracic Kyphosis puts a person at greater risk of adverse nerve, ligament, and muscle function. Ultimately, abnormal Thoracic Kyphosis may lead to a number of health related disorders and increased potential for back pain and injury.
The Thoracic Support Block
When indicated in certain cases, the new Thoracic Support Block enhances the effectiveness of treatment. Its unique design helps reduce posterior thoracic cage translation in combination the thoracic Denneroll it will help reduce the thoracic hyper-kyphosis.
There are three types of Thoracic Corrective setups appropriate for DENNEROLL application: Lower thoracic, Mid-Thoracic, and Upper-Thoracic. See Figures 9-11 below. Only a radiographic and postural analysis can determine which Denneroll Placement is right for the individual patient. The DENNEROLL device should only be used on a firm surface such as the floor, or a bench so that an effective stretch can be applied to the Thoracic tissues.
The main features of this Denneroll Thoracic Orthotic include:
• Contoured thoracic elliptical shape after the CBP evidence based Elliptical model.
• Denneroll peak placed at the top of the orthotic to create a 2-4 segment extension specificity.
• Comfortable and slightly compressible peak to allow for patient tolerance with a firm base for support.
• Note that changing the apex of the Thoracic spine contact with the peak of the Thoracic Denneroll allows customized fit to the individual patient’s needs and their spine.
• Extremely portable, effective, and user friendly.
The recommended types of patient cases and presentation for this orthotic system include (for more information –DOCTORS ONLY– please email us and ask for the user instruction guide):
• Hyper-kyphosis with or without posterior thoracic translation relative to the pelvis,
• Allows for specificity in correcting an increased lower, mid, or upper thoracic kyphosis,
• Anterior head posture greater than 25mm (approximately),
• Rounded-protracted shoulder girdle and scapular region. The size of the denneroll allows for support while simultaneously being narrow enough to allow the scapula to retract over the unit,
• The addition of different sizes of the support block under the Thoracic Denneroll allow correction of internal flexion-extension of the ribcage while simultaneously reducing kyphosis.
Thoracic Denneroll Figures and Possible Uses to Aid User Understanding.